Situated towards the north of city Amritsar, Ram Bagh Garden memorizes the summer and spiritual capital of first Sikh Ruler Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Maharaja took Lahore in 1799 and made it his capital in 1802 he came to Amritsar. In 1818 he got constructed Ram Bagh Garden after the name of Guru Ram Das, the forth Sikh Master. This garden was on the pattern of Shalimar Bagh of Lahore, under the command of Fakeer Azeez-ud-din and Sardars Lehna Singh and Desa Singh Majithia (the nobles of Lahore darbar). The original cost of construction of this garden was one Lac 25 thousand NanakShahi Rupees. This garden was spread on area of 84 acres, with rare plants, trees and flowers. There used to be a 14 feet high boundary wall. At each corner of the garden was built a small burj (Tower). In the centre of the garden, a double story palace with basement was constructed and this palace is known as the summer palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.